Comfort and Elegance Seamlessly Combined
Comfort was top of mind when designing the Sofia, which explains its supportive high-backed chair and wide, generously upholstered seat. Available in soft-to-the-touch woven fabrics and soft vinyls.
Brand New model. Exciting New Look
Our stunning new Sofia stairlift for curved stairs reveals our refreshingly modern approach to design. So now you can transform your home into one-level living in absolute style.
Developed hand in hand with one of Europe’s leading product design consultancies, the Sofia is one of two, new generation straight stairlifts that are as stylish as they are practical.
Design Inspiration. Product Innovation
With its smooth flowing contours and deeply upholstered chair, covered in a choice of gorgeously tactile woven or super-soft vinyl fabrics, the Sofia is contemporary design at its best.
The Sofia in Use
- When you’re not using your stairlift it can be folded flat against the wall so it’s neat and tidy and not in the way of others wanting to use the stairs. And if you want to keep it safe from children, you can lock it by removing the key cap.
- Unfolding your stairlift couldn’t be simpler thanks to our unique easy one-step folding action. Just lower the stairlift seat and the arm and footrest simultaneously unfold.
- Once unfolded, your stairlift can be made to swivel round so you can get on easily and safely. With the powered swivel option, you just keep pressing the tiller control and it swivels automatically. This ability to ‘power-swivel’ at the bottom and top of the stairs is a unique Stannah feature.
- A gentle nudge of the ergonomically designed tiller-style control is all it takes to make your stairlift glide smoothly up or down stairs. And because the stairlift battery continually recharges, the Sofia is always ready for use, even in a power cut.
- At the top of the stairs, your stairlift can be swivelled to face the landing allowing you to then get off in complete safety. With the powered swivel option you just keep lightly pressing the tiller control and your stairlift will turn automatically. The manual one-way swivel is fitted as standard at the top of the stairs and is operated by lifting a lever then rotating the seat with your body.
- At the top of the stairs, just like at the bottom, your stairlift can be folded neatly flat. The fact that you don’t have to bend down to fold the footrest away is an important safety consideration, especially at the top of the stairs. Or, it can be left unfolded so that it acts as an effective safety barrier.
For a Closer Look at the Stannah Sofia 260 Curved Stairlift, Why Not Check Out the Gallery Below?
Where to Go From Here
For more information, or to get free no-obligation advice on the Stannah 260 series Sofia curved stair lift, or to ask any questions about our range of products and services, please call 0800 783 5501.