Your "No fuss" E120 Essential stairlift provides a simple, easy, and convenient way of getting to the upper floors of your home, reliably and safely, whenever you want.
Introducing the MediTek E120 Essential Stairlift
The MediTek E120 Essential stairlift combines attractive, classic style with affordability. Simplicity at its finest, the Essential E120 provides you with two great benefits:
- A safe and reliable stairlift.
- An attractive price that suits a limited budget.
With its slim profile and neutral colour, the MediTek E120 Essential offers you complete peace of mind, greater freedom within your own home, from a proven, trusted supplier.
- Maximum user weight limit: 120kg (19 stone).
- Minimum staircase angle: 25° degrees.
- Maximum staircase angle: 50° degrees.
Installation of your MediTek E120 Essential is quick and easy leaves little or no mess in your home - plus, rest assured, we always leave your home clean and tidy.
The E120 Essential comes in Alura (cream) colour upholstery, which is also washable and fireproof.
Important Key Features of the MediTek E120 Essential Stair Lift
The easy-to-use joystick offers finger light control. Just push the joystick to the left or right, to move the lift in the direction of travel you want to go.
Call and Send Units
In addition to the joystick, you can also move your stair lift using one of the two call-and-send units we supply with all of our stairlifts.
Manual Swivel Lever
Your Manual Swivel Lever allows you to rotate the chair to face the top of the stairs, to ensure a safe departure from the lift upstairs.
ICS Diagnostic Display
The new Intelligent Control and Diagnostic System (ICS) innovative display provides instant operational information on the stairlift functions, the current status of the stair lift and when a service is due. Your ICS is a truly remarkable technology for both you as a user and our technicians.
The E120 Stairlift range comes standard with a secure alterable lap belt. In addition, retractable, or five-point harness seatbelts alternatives are also available as an optional extra:
- Lap Belt.
- Retractable (automatic).
Continuous Charging Strip
The Continuous Charging Strip (CCS) runs along the length of the rail making sure that the batteries are constantly being charged. So no matter where you park the chair on the stairs your lift is always available for use - even in the event of a mains power failure.
Telescopic Seat Post
The E120 Essential seat posts can be adjusted to ensure the stairlift chair is set just right for your personal requirements.
Safety Features: Essential
Located on the footrest and the carriage, pressure sensitive surfaces stop the stairlift when they sense any obstruction in their path.
Emergency Holding Button
For added safety, an emergency holding button is supplied to stop the stair lift instantly when pressed.
The E120 Essential braking system is linked to the stairlift motor and gearbox and ensures the stairlift remains parked when stopped.
As an additional safety feature, MediTek stair lifts do not operate unless the down-side arm is down and in place.
A key switch is fitted to every stairlift to enable you to switch the power to the stairlift on and off.
About MediTek Stairlifts
MediTek is an award-winning global manufacturer of straight stairlifts. Everyone is different with different desires and needs. That's why, since 1995 MediTek have produced customised stairlifts tailored to the needs of each customer.
In addition to classic design and simple installation, the reliability of MediTek stair lifts is what makes MediTek the right choice for people around the world. MediTek, and their chosen suppliers, work out safe, technical solutions to provide customers with the independence and comfort you seek, in your their own home, at an affordable price.
In addition to your stairlift installation, we also take great care to think about the environment and how we can make are products with environmental management in mind. In 2011, The Green Organisation awarded its highest accolade, a Green Apple, to MediTek in recognition of the outstanding commitment in the field of waste management and manufacturing practice.
Engineering Excellence At the Heart of the Design and Manufacture of All MediTek Stairlifts
MediTek commit to using quality components and proven technology to ensure many years of safe and reliable operation of your stairlift. All MediTek stairlifts move up and down a smart, neat aluminium rail which is fitted to your stairs, not your wall, to provide a more sturdy and comfortable ride.
Designed to fit all straight staircases, MediTek stairlifts in general, also include the following features and benefits:
- Folds away neatly.
- Blends into your home surroundings.
- Causes little obstruction to your stairs.
- Safety is of high importance. Every stair lift goes through a thorough testing regime and contains several safety features.
Using your MediTek E120 Essential Stairlift Is Easy
The MediTek E120 Essential stairlift is designed to make your life easier and helps you to reclaim your independence.
Using Your MediTek Stairlift Step-By-Step Guide
- Bring the seat, base, arms, and footrest down into position, and your stairlift is then ready to use.
- Sit down on your MediTek stairlift, then fasten your seat belt to stay secure in your chair.
- To use your stair lift, simply move your joystick in the direction you wish to travel, and your stairlift carries out your wishes.
- When you arrive at the top of the stairs, you can use your manual swivel lever to swivel your chair on to the landing. If you are using the powered swivel, simply keep hold of your control to move your chair on to the landing area.
- After you have undone your seat belt, you can safely move away from your stairlift. When you are not using your stairlift, you can either keep it rotated to form a barrier, at the top or bottom of your stairs, or, to make space for other stair users, simply fold up your chair neatly.
MediTek E120 Stairlift Technical Information
- Drive Method: Steel rack and pinion drive system.
- Motor: 24v DC motor, 200w.
- Gearbox: Worm and wheel self-locking drive with oil lubrication.
- Carriage Construction: Fabricated steel chassis plate construction.
- Rail: Extruded aluminium section.
- Safety Measures: Overspeed governor and spring applied brake.
- Carriage Power Supply: 24v DC (supplied by 2x12v 7.2 A/Hr batteries).
- Guide Rollers: 12 rollers with sealed lubricated ball bearings.
- Maximum Speed: 0.09m/sec (16ft/min).
- Battery Charging: Continuous battery charging via copper strip on rail.
- Isolation Key Switch: Fitted as standard.
- Compliance: EN 81:40.
- MediTek Stairlifts Dimensions and Fittings: Measurements are in mm. 1 inch = 25.4 mm.
MediTek Stairlift Comparison Table. Features At A Glance
- Blue ticks = standard features.
- Gold ticks = optional extra features.
MediTek E120 Essential Stairlift Brochure
- Download MediTek Stairlifts Brochure, including E120 Essential stairlift (PDF - opens new window).
Where to Go From Here
For more information, or to get free no-obligation advice on the MediTek E120 Essential Stairlift, or to ask any questions about our range of products and services, please call 0800 783 5501.