This unique model allows you to safely travel up and down the stairs whilst standing. Highly customisable, the Stand and Perch is a great solution for those who have problems bending their knees, and / or if your stairs are more narrow than usual.
The DSP100 Stand And Perch Weight Limit and Staircase Angles
- Maximum user weight limit: 100kg (15 stone).
- Minimum staircase angle: 25° degrees.
- Maximum staircase angle: 52° degrees.
The Stand and Perch Comes Complete With All Of The Following Features Of The MediTek D160
While your MediTek DSP100 is stairlift designed for standing and perching rather than sitting, make no mistake, the features, benefits, and safety aspects are all considered carefully in design and built with commendable engineering precision.
The easy-to-use joystick gives you instant, finger light control. All you need to do is push the joystick to the left or right to move the lift in the direction of travel you wish to go.
Call and Send Remote Control Units
In addition to the joystick, you can also move the lift using one of the two call and send units that we supply with your MediTek DSP100 stairlift.
Manual / Powered Swivel
Once the lift has reached the top of the stairs you can use one of two options to turn your chair to face or be level with the landing. This allows you to disembark the chair safely and with ease.
Powered Swivel (optional extra)
On arrival at the top of the stairs, release the joystick then re-apply in the upwards direction of travel and your chair will automatically turn.
Integrated Control System (ICS) Diagnostic Display Window
This innovative ICS display provides instant operational information on the lift functions, the current status of the lift and when a service is due. It is a great technology for both you as a user and our stairlift installers and technicians.
The DSP100 range has three seatbelt options, the lap belt (standard), the retractable (optional extra) or the five-point harness (optional extra).
Child / Junior Seats
Child and Junior seats are also available on request.
Continuous Charging Strip
The strip, running the length of the rail, ensures that the batteries are constantly being charged. This means that no matter where you park the chair on the stairs your lift will always be available for use - even in the mains power fails for a while.
Footrest to Seat Folding Linkage (available as an optional extra)
This package enables your chair’s footrest to fold away neatly when you lift your seat base keeping the staircase open and hazard free.
Powered Hinge (available as an optional extra)
If you have stairs located next to a door or passageway, we can offer you a powered-hinge. A powered hinge enables the rail to automatically fold up and stay out of the way at the end of your journey: eliminating a potential tripping hazard and ensuring even greater safety in your home.
We can offer a powered hinge for 160kg weight. If you choose the hinge option, to charge your stairlift, you will need to park the lift on the main rail.
Telescopic Seat Post
Our seat posts can be adjusted to ensure the chair is set right for your personal requirements.
The Five Great Safety Features Of The MediTek DSP100 Stand And Perch Stairlift
Safety for stairlift users is arguably the most important consideration of any stairlift design. That's why the MediTek DSP100 doesn't disappoint: you have the same smart safety features as any other MediTek stairlift. Your 5 important safety add-ons are included, as detailed below.
Safety Feature 1: Pressure-Sensitive Surfaces
Located on the footrest and carriage, the pressure sensitive surfaces stop the lift when they sense any obstruction.
Safety Feature 2: Emergency Holding Button
For added safety an emergency holding button is supplied. When pressed the lift will stop instantly.
Safety Feature 3: Electromagnetic Brake
The electromagnetic braking system is linked to the motor and gearbox thereby ensuring that the stairlift will remain parked when stopped.
Safety Feature 4: Barrier Arm
Your MediTek D160 Deluxe stairlift will not operate unless the downside arm is down and in place.
Safety Feature 5: Key Switch
A key switch is fitted to every lift allowing you to turn the power of the lift on or off.
Your MediTek DSP100 Stand And Perch Stairlift Design Options
There are a range of luxurious upholstery and rail colour options for the DSP100 Stand And Perch stairlift to complement your home. Furthermore, we can supply other upholstery and rail colour options on request. Just ask.
MediTek DSP100 Stairlift Standard Colour Options
The DSP100 Stand And Perch stair lift is available in the following colour options: Beige, Blue, Brown, Red, Black, and Green, as illustrated in the 6 images below:
Rail Options For Your MediTek DSP100 Stand And Perch Stairlift
- Silver (standard).
- Bronze (available as an optional extra).
MediTek DSP100 Stairlift Technical Information
- Drive Method: Steel rack and pinion drive system.
- Motor: 24v DC motor, 200w.
- Gearbox: Worm and wheel self-locking drive with oil lubrication.
- Carriage Construction: Fabricated steel chassis plate construction.
- Rail: Extruded aluminium section.
- Safety Measures: Overspeed governor and spring applied brake.
- Carriage Power Supply: 24v DC (supplied by 2x12v 7.2 A/Hr batteries).
- Guide Rollers: 12 rollers with sealed lubricated ball bearings.
- Maximum Speed: 0.09m/sec (16ft/min).
- Battery Charging: Continuous battery charging via copper strip on rail.
- Isolation Key Switch: Fitted as standard.
- Compliance: EN 81:40.
- MediTek Stairlifts Dimensions and Fittings: Measurements are in mm. 1 inch = 25.4 mm.
Using Your MediTek DSP100 Stand And Perch Stairlift, Step-By-Step Guide
Using your MediTek DSP100 Stand And Perch Stairlift is easy. If you have some problems bending your knees, the DSP100 stairlift has been designed to make your life easier and helps you to rediscover your independence in your own home:
- Bring the base, arms, and footrest down into position, and your DSP100 stairlift is then ready to use.
- Stand and perch on your MediTek DSP100 stairlift, then fasten your seat belt to stay secure in your stair lift.
- To use your stairlift, simply move your joystick in the direction you wish to travel, and your stairlift carries out your wishes.
- When you arrive at the top of the stairs, you can safely step off your chair and on to the landing.
- After you have undone your seat belt, you can safely move away from your stairlift. When you are not using your stairlift, you can either keep it rotated to form a barrier, at the top or bottom of your stairs, or, to make space for other stair users, simply fold up your chair neatly.
MediTek Stairlift Comparison Table. Features At A Glance: E120 Essential, D160 Deluxe, DSP100 Stand and Perch, and MediTek Outdoor Stairlift
- Blue ticks = standard features.
- Gold ticks = optional extra features.
Brochure For MediTek DSP100 Stand And Perch Stairlift
- Download MediTek Stairlifts Brochure, including DSP100 Stand And Perch Stairlift (PDF - opens new window).
Where to Go From Here
For more information, or to get free no-obligation advice on the MediTek DSP100 Stand and Perch stairlift, or to ask any questions about our range of products and services, please call 0800 783 5501.